What Information is Collected
eGive receives and may store any information visitors voluntarily provide when completing any of our online forms. This information may include:
- your name
- your mailing address
- your email address
- your phone number
- your payment account information
Along with any other personal or preference information you provide to us.
eGive will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your information to third parties except as follows:
- All information except your payment account information will be provided to the organization you are giving to.
- Your payment account information will be used to deduct the amount(s) you are giving from your account.
- We disclose information that we in good faith believe is appropriate to cooperate in investigations of fraud or other illegal activity, or in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy attachment, order of court appointed receiver, or other comparable legal process including subpoenas from private parties in civil action.
- We disclose information to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules governing eGive and the payment process.
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. As part of the protocol of the Internet, web servers can identify your computer by its IP address. In addition, web servers may be able to identify the type of browser your are using or even the type of computer.
eGive collects IP addresses and related information for the purposes of system administration and to assess the traffic to our site, and to help detect possible instances of unauthorized transactions.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We have appropriate physical, electronic and procedural security safeguards to protect and secure the information we collect.
Secure Sockets Layering (SSL)
Our web site uses Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) to encrypt your personal credit and financial information before it travels over the Internet. SSL technology is the industry standard for secure online transactions. Because we use SSL, making a gift online at our web sites is just as safe as giving your credit card number over the phone or fax.